A new report reveals that Senator Rob Portman is so concerned about the Republican National Convention in Cleveland that he is planning to stage his own “mini-convention.” Yes, you read that right. This is not an April Fools Day joke.
In response, today the Strickland for Senate campaign is helpfully releasing a list of 10 suggested topics and areas of discussion for Sen. Portman’s event:
1. Fighting For China & Washington: The Rob Portman Biographical Video.
2. Spotting Donald Trump In Cleveland & Where To Run To When You See Him.
3. What To Do If You’ve Called Anti-Currency Manipulation Legislation “Counter-Productive.”
4. Skipping Homeland Security Hearings — How Many Is Too Many?
5. How To Lie About Your Trade Record When You’ve Been Called A “Dedicated Outsourcer.”
7. Drug Abuse Prevention: You Can Take Credit Even If You Voted Against Funding It.
8. ISIS Helps My Polling Numbers, And Other Things Not To Say On Camera.
9. Deep Dive: Negotiating Unilaterally With The Ayatollah Of Iran.
10. Keynote: Staying In Touch With Your Lobbyist Roots Once You've Become A Senator, Personal Reflections From Rob Portman.
It’s Not A Mini-Convention. It’s a Panic Room. Tweet Your Own Ideas For Topics He Should Discuss Using the Hashtag #PortmansPanicRoom